1. I am a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
2. This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
3. I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
4. I am not a federal contractor.
5. I am at least eighteen years old.
Contributions or gifts to Rush Holt for Senate are not tax deductible. Rush Holt for Senate may accept contributions from an individual totaling up to $2,600 per election ($5,200 for the cycle). Federal law prohibits contributions to the campaign from corporations, labor organizations and national banks; from any person contributing another person's funds; from foreign nationals who lack permanent resident status; and from federal government contractors. To comply with federal law, we must use best efforts to obtain, maintain and submit the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employer for individuals whose contributions exceed $200 per election cycle.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS OVER THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND RUSH HOLT FOR SENATE ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. Sponsor expects approximately 5,000 entries, resulting in odds of approximately 1 chance in 5,000. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned within three (3) days after being sent to winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
3. Disclaimer. Sponsor and Rush Holt, and any of Sponsor’s directors, officers, professional advisors, and employees (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
4. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 a.m. on July 19, 2013 and ends at 8:59 p.m. on July 30, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
5. Prizes. 6 (six) winners will each receive the following prize:
The prize is a seat at the Einstein Dinner, which will be held August 9th and is where you will dine with Congressman Rush Holt and world-class experts from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds. It will be an intimate gathering of a dozen or so people discussing the topics you want to discuss - the most important issues facing the nation. The Einstein Dinner award includes an all-expense-paid trip to Princeton for the winners of Geek Out Live!
Approximate retail value of the prize: [$2,000]
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, complete the form at http://geekout.rushholt.com/ by entering your name and email address to be automatically entered.
(b) Contribution Method: To be automatically entered by contributing money to Sponsor, make a contribution of $10 or more during the Promotion Period at http://geekout.rushholt.com/ . Entering via the contribution method will not increase your chances of winning the prize.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
For All Entry Methods: Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules and/or any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of contribution or online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an e-mail mailing list for promotional and other purposes.
8. Promotion Rules. The winners will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held at Rush Holt for Senate, 14 Washington Rd., Princeton Junction, NJ on or about July 30, 2013. Potential winners will be notified in person, by phone or e-mail by [July 31, 2013. To claim the prize, each potential winner should follow the instructions contained in his/her notification.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release; Background Security Check. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person from receiving any prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that awarding any prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any event associated with the Promotion.
12. Sponsor: Rush Holt for Senate, PO Box 782, Pennington, NJ 08534