Geek Out House Party
How to Host a Successful “Geek Out Live with Rush Holt!” House Party
Thanks so much for agreeing to host a Geek Out Live House Party for Rush! Let’s get started on how you can be successful for Rush win a seat at the Einstein Dinner with Rush and his Nobel Laureate and other world expert friends!
House Party Paths to Einstein Dinner Victory…
Raise the most money! or Have the most attendees at your party!
Who to Invite?
The invitation “universe” is up to you, but here are the possibilities:
- Your personal and professional network – friends, family, holiday card list, colleagues, and neighbors.
- Progressives – people in your community with progressive values and/or members of progressive groups. Here again, you may take responsibility for inviting them or we can do this for you.
How to Invite?
- Time is short, so email and personal invitations (phone, in-person) will be best. If you have time for snail mail, feel free to use it, but an email and/or personal invitation in addition to mail will get the best results;
- Promote via Facebook, Twitter, whatever social media you are most adept with.
- The campaign can help drive people to your house party too. We should discuss how and what you are comfortable with.
- We will provide you with sample email blasts, Facebook posts, Tweets, etc. to make this as easy as possible.
What to Ask For?
- There is no minimum $ donation required and no minimum $ to raise, but we would like each event to raise $5,000 - $10,000.
- Individuals can give up to $2,600, couples $5,200, but you can request amounts you are comfortable with.
- Political Support!
- If they are a registered voter in NJ, Rush needs their vote and volunteerism.
How to Collect $
- We can help you set up your own House Party Event Page where your guests can log on and donate with a credit card here.
- Checks should be made out to Rush Holt for Senate. Please collect them and overnight them to Randy Gilliland, Rush Holt for Senate, 14 Washington Rd., Princeton Junction, NJ 08550.
Other Important Information
- As the host of the house party, should you win for most $ or most attendees, it is presumed you will be the winner/attendee at the August 9th Einstein Dinner.
- However, you may choose to do a drawing amongst your house party attendees to select the winner/attendee…it’s up to you.
- The campaign will arrange for and pay travel expenses, flight and hotel, to attend the Einstein Dinner.