How to Host a Successful “Geek Out Live with Rush Holt!” Personal Fundraising Page
Thanks so much for agreeing to host a Geek Out Live Personal Fundraising Page for Rush! Let’s get started on how you can be successful for Rush win a seat at the Einstein Dinner with Rush and his Nobel Laureate and other world expert friends!
Personal Fundraising Page Paths to Einstein Dinner Victory…
Raise the most money!
Have the most donors to your page!
Who to Invite?
The invitation “universe” is up to you, but here are the possibilities:
- Your personal and professional network – friends, family, holiday card list, colleagues, and neighbors.
- Historic Democratic donors – we can provide you this list. You may take responsibility for inviting them or we can do this for you. You may be surprised how many of your neighbors and friends are Democratic donors.
- Progressives – people in your community with progressive values and/or members of progressive groups. Here again, you may take responsibility for inviting them or we can do this for you.
How to Invite?
- Time is short, so email and personal invitations (phone, in-person) will be best. If you have time for snail mail, feel free to use it, but an email and/or personal invitation in addition to mail will get the best results;
- Promote via Facebook, Twitter, whatever social media you are most adept with.
- The campaign can help drive people to your fundraising page too.
- We will provide you with sample email blasts, Facebook posts, Tweets, etc. to make this as easy as possible.
What to Ask For?
- There is no minimum $ donation required and no minimum $ to raise, but we would like each page to raise $1,000 - $5,000.
- Individuals can give up to $2,600, couples $5,200, but people going to your page will be able to give an amount they are comfortable with.
- Political Support!
- We want to be sure to encourage registered voters in NJ to vote and volunteer.
How to Collect $
- We can help you set up your own Personal Fundraising Page where your donors can log on and donate with a credit card at www,rushholt.com/GeekOutFundraising.
- Should you raise funds via check; checks should be made out to Rush Holt for Senate. Please collect them and overnight them to Randy Gilliland, Rush Holt for Senate, 14 Washington Rd., Princeton Junction, NJ 08550.
Other Important Information
- As the host of your personal fundraising page and should you win for most $ or most donors, it is presumed you will be the winner/attendee at the August 9th Einstein Dinner. You may choose to send someone in your place.
- The campaign will arrange for and pay travel expenses, flight and hotel, to attend the Einstein Dinner.